Pamela Woods-Jackson

I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, graduated from The University of Oklahoma, married young and soon moved to Texas. My two children were born in Wichita Falls, TX, but then we moved to Houston for a number of years. In 1990 my then-husband took a job in Indianapolis, which is how I ended up a Hoosier. I took a part time job at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, IN, and still work part time there now. In 1997 I was offered a full time teaching position with Indianapolis Public Schools in an alternative high school. After much drama, trauma, and angst, I finally arranged a transfer to Broad Ripple High School in 2005, teaching English in the Arts and Humanities Magnet. (Broad Ripple HS is the alma mater of Dave Letterman!) When I first began writing "Confessions of a Teenage Psychic," I borrowed names from many of my students and some of the faculty, but the characters and situations are purely fictional. I have to admit that Rosslyn High School is a thinly-disguised Broad Ripple High School.

Things change, school systems cut budgets and layoff teachers, and now I find myself seeking a new teaching position. I live in Carmel, Indiana, just north of Indianapolis, with my two cats Molly and Phoebe. My children, Robert and Caroline, both live in Indianapolis and I enjoy a close relationship with them.